On March 4, Metro Boomin is heading to the City Block Party in St. Louis to headline a DJ set alongside Anderson .Paak. The event will celebrate the addition of a new sports team to the city, which is the producer’s home city. In fact, the event’s location was part of the allure.
“Because of St. Louis, more than anything, me being born and raised there and always looking for great opportunities and the right opportunities to bring awareness and shine more light on the city,” he tells Uproxx. “Definitely excited to be a part of this. This is big. This is historic. St. Louis getting a soccer club, that’s major. I’m just grateful that they even reached out and I jumped at the opportunity.”
He says he may “hopefully” get season tickets, as he plans “on just getting as involved with the club as I can.”
Metro is often associated with Atlanta, his “second home.” He “grew up there as a man,” he says, and came up in the music scene collaborating with “a lot of prominent Atlanta artists.” But now he’s hoping to shine “a light on St. Louis talent because there’s just so much of it.”
The city’s musical sound, he says, “is, more than anything, soul.”
“We put feel in. It’s no gimmicks in our music,” he says, noting his “dynamic” production “comes from just growing up in St. Louis.” Being in the Midwest, he adds, means he consumed music from the East Coast, West Coast and the South.
“Through the way music traveled, I feel in the middle, we was just catching everything,” he says. “And I feel like that has a big impact on my sound as well as just everybody in St. Louis because we all come up just listening to everything.”
Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
Need a Boost of Motivation? Here are 5 Simple Steps to Get You Started
Are you feeling a bit unmotivated lately? We all experience a lack of motivation from time to time, which can stand in the way of reaching our goals. Fortunately, you can learn how to combat these feelings and get back on the path to success. Here are five simple steps that can help give you the boost of motivation you’re looking for.
1. Create a Clear Goal – When it comes to getting motivated, it’s important to first decide on a clear goal. Without a goal, it’s hard to get up and take action in the first place. Think about what you want to accomplish, set a timeline for yourself, and write down all of your goals. This will help keep you focused and motivated on the end result.
2. Focus on Progress – It can be easy to give up if progress seems slow, but don’t let yourself fall into this trap. Instead, focus on the long-term benefits of your efforts, and the progress you’ve already made. Take small steps every day towards achieving your goal, and don’t forget to celebrate each accomplishment as you go.
3. Visualize Your Success – Visualization is a powerful tool that can help you stay motivated. Take time to imagine yourself achieving your goal, and picture the satisfaction and pride you’ll feel along the way. Visualize yourself succeeding and this will help stay inspired.
4. Surround Yourself with Support – Reaching a big goal is often easier when you are surrounded with people who are willing to help and encourage you. Surround yourself with supportive and inspiring friends, family members, and colleagues, who believe in your success and will provide you with an accountability system.
5. Reward Yourself – As you take steps towards reaching your goal, make sure to reward yourself for your achievements. When you accomplish something big it’s important to celebrate it, even if it’s something small. Whether it’s taking a day off or going out for your favorite meal, allowing yourself to enjoy a reward will give you the motivation to keep going.
These five steps will help you get the motivation you need to achieve success. Get started now, and you’ll be on your way to achieving your dreams.