On Wednesday, Rolling Stone published a story about The Weeknd‘s upcoming series, The Idol, with the headline: “How HBO’s Next Euphoria Became Twisted ‘Torture Porn.'” The subheading trumpets that “thirteen sources” told the publication the show has gone “wildly, disgustingly off the rails.” Now it seems The Weeknd has responded.
Rolling Stone‘s article claims that when director Sam Levinson took over, the entire focus of the show changed, and included much more “disturbing sexual content and nudity.” The show’s original premise — a female pop star falls under a cult leader’s spell and fights to regain control of her life — instead became “a degrading love story with a hollow message.” The article also blames The Weeknd for some of the changes.
On Wednesday, he seemingly responded to the article by posting a clip from the show, which shows his and Lily-Rose Depp‘s characters being pitched by a publicist, played by Dan Levy, on the idea of a Rolling Stone cover.
“Rolling Stone? Aren’t they a little … irrelevant?” asks The Weeknd’s Tedros, the cult leader. “Yeah, I dunno, I feel like it may be a little past its prime,” Depp’s Jocelyn agrees.
“Nobody cares about Rolling Stone,” Tedros adds. He goes on to compare Jocelyn’s Instagram followers to Rolling Stone’s: She has 78 million to the magazine’s paltry 6 million.
In the caption, Weeknd writes, “@RollingStone did we upset you?”
Levinson and Weeknd didn’t respond to Rolling Stone‘s request for comment on the story, but Depp provided a statement calling Levinson “the best director” she’s ever worked with. HBO told Rolling Stone, “The team made creative changes they felt were in the best interest of both the production and the cast and crew.”
Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
5 Reasons Why CBD is Growing in Popularity
The popularity of CBD has skyrocketed in recent years, and CBD products are now being used by people across the globe. Today, CBD is used for a variety of reasons and is growing in popularity for its many potential health benefits. Here are five reasons why CBD is rising in popularity:
1. Natural Pain Relief – CBD has been found to be effective in providing some relief from chronic pain conditions and can be an effective alternative to dangerous and addictive opioid medications.
2. Mental and Emotional Well-Being – Many users of CBD report improved mood and mental wellbeing, with lessened anxiety and depression symptoms.
3. Anti-inflammatory Properties – CBD has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties and can help alleviate inflammation and swelling in the body.
4. Muscle Relaxation – CBD may be used to help relax and soothe sore muscles and reduce recovery time after workouts.
5. Easy to Use – CBD is available in different forms such as tinctures, oils, edibles, and lotions, making it easy to find the right product for individual needs.
As you can see, there are many potential benefits of using CBD, and it’s no wonder why so many people are turning to this natural remedy for relief. Whether you’re looking for natural pain relief, anxiety relief, or anti-inflammatory properties, CBD is an excellent choice. Give CBD a try and see what all the fuss is about!