Now Playing loading...

Lil Wayne’s Tour Buses Hit by Gunfire; No One Injured


Prince Williams/WireImageLil Wayne‘s tour buses were shot at by occupants of two vehicles early Sunday morning in Atlanta, a police spokesperson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Spokesperson Elizabeth Espy said officers were summoned to the Mandarin Oriental hotel at about 3:30 a.m., “regarding someone shooting at a bus that Lil Wayne was on.” Espy said officers found two tour buses had been shot multiple times.

The two tour buses were traveling on Interstate 295 in Cobb County when the shooting occurred. No one was injured, according to Espy.

“Witnesses could only provide a limited description of the suspect vehicles. They were described as two white vehicles, possibly a Corvette-style vehicle and an SUV,” Espy added.

Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told the newspaper there were about “a dozen or so” passengers on board the two buses at the time of the shooting. Pierce said there are no known suspects at this time.

Wayne and a few other executives and artists from his Young Money record label, including Lil Twist and Hood, were on one of the buses, a source tells TMZ.

The 32-year-old rapper performed at Atlanta’s Compound nightclub Saturday night.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. 

Comments are closed.